IV Vitamin Therapy
Intravenous vitamin therapy involves the administration of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, such as amino acids, directly into the bloodstream in the form of a drip.
The IV method bypasses the digestive system, allowing delivery of greater quantities of nutrients and promoting maximal absorption. Orally administered vitamins can be inactivated in the digestive tract or poorly absorbed, and in high doses can cause unwanted side-effects such as abdominal cramps and nausea.
Only the purest forms of vitamins and minerals are used in our IV administration. Biological Therapies an Australian owned company fully licenced with the TGA(Therapeutic Goods Administration)provide our clinic with the highest quality of sterile injectable products.
Your nutrient drip is specifically formulated for your needs based on discussion with our doctor.
Vitamins and minerals are nutrients that reside in our bodies. They are indispensable for maintaining a healthy nutritional balance in them. Pollution, a change in diet, and various factors such as stress damages the body without our awareness, ultimately forcing the body' s consumption of these vitamins
Some common uses for IV vitamin therapy include:
- Correction of deficiency states – for example due to, severe illness or following surgery
- Preliminary studies indicate that IV Nutrient therapy may be beneficial for some forms of cancer, may enhance primary cancer treatments, and provide immune system support
- Reduce symptoms and severity of cold or flu, and certain other viral infections, such as shingles, glandular fever and others
- Reduce symptoms of the acute stages of illnesses such as cold or virus onset.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
- Athlete Performance
How is IV administered?
IV nutrients are given through an IV drip, typically into the arm, under the supervision of a registered nurse. The drip itself is generally painless, although you may feel a sting when the needle is inserted. The drip takes 30 minutes to 1 hour to infuse, during which time you can relax.
Are there any side effects?
Negative side effects from IV Vitamin are very uncommon, however you may experience mild effects such as facial flushing, thirst, mild dizziness. Nursing staff are on hand to provide the best care to clients and offer support and advice.